29.2 C
Accra
Friday, August 21, 2026
HomeSportsFIFA rejects $250,000 alleged Zamalek settlement with Acheampong

FIFA rejects $250,000 alleged Zamalek settlement with Acheampong

Date:

The world governing body has ordered the five-time African champions to pay the Ghanaian $1m within 30 days as instructed by the Court of Arbitration for Sport (Cas) back in December 2020.

Acheampong revealed last month that his former agent conspired with Zamalekto  agree on a settlement of $250,000 instead of an amount of $1.1 million.

But the Fifa’s Disciplinary Committee has rejected the settlement package and awarded the full cost to the North African giants.

Three months ago, Cas ruled that the five-time African champions must pay the 30-year-old around $1.1m after finding that the player had been forced into breaking his contract by the club’s actions.

Egyptian giants Zamalek were to be handed a transfer ban at the end of March unless the Cairo club pays its former player Benjamin Acheampong over $1m as instructed by the Court of Arbitration for Sport (Cas) in December.

Cas found the Ghanaian had ‘no other option but to terminate’ his Zamalek contract, citing – among other reasons – his lack of proper payment, his exclusion from training and from the squad for his second season at the club.

“Zamalek Sports Club is granted a final deadline of 30 days as from notification of the present decision in which to settle said amount,” Fifa’s Disciplinary Department wrote to the concerned parties on April 8, 2021.

“Zamalek Sports Club is found guilty of failing to comply in full with the decision passed by the Court of Arbitration for Sport on 8 December 2020.”

“The Zamalek Sports Club is granted a final deadline of 30 days as from notification of the present decision in which to settle said amount.

“Upon expiry of the aforementioned final deadline and in the event of persistent default or failure to comply in full with the decision within the period stipulated, a transfer ban will be pronounced until the complete amount due is paid or the non-financial decision is complied with.

“The transfer ban will be implemented automatically at national and international level by the Egyptian Football Association and Fifa respectively, without a further formal decision having to be taken nor any order to be issued by the Fifa Disciplinary Committee or its secretariat.

“In addition, a deduction of points or relegation to a lower division may also be ordered in addition to a transfer ban in the event of persistent failure, repeated offences or serious infringements or if no full transfer could be imposed or served for any reason.” 

- Sponsored -spot_imgspot_img

Disclaimer: The views, opinions, comments, and statements expressed by readers and contributors on this platform are solely their own and do not necessarily reflect those of Imax Media Group or its affiliates.

Send your news stories to editor@max.com.gh and via WhatsApp on +233 506-367-196
Join our WhatsApp channel for the latest news and updates.

Max TV
Max TVhttps://max.com.gh
Ghana’s Leading Digital Television And Terrestrial Box In Sports, Entertainment And More.
- Sponsored -scratch for win

Stay Connected

562,687FansLike
2,463FollowersFollow
583,200FollowersFollow
51,019FollowersFollow
95,943SubscribersSubscribe

Latest stories

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Related Stories

Kofi Owusu Peprah Live Draws Thousands Of Believers

Kofi Owusu Peprah Live Draws Thousands Of Believers The 2026...

Guinea-Bissau face first-ever MPOX outbreak

Guinea-Bissau is facing its first-ever outbreak of the infectious...

Black Queens fail to make WAFCON 2026 XI

No player of the Black Queens of Ghana has...

First batch of US deportees arrive in Monrovia

Twenty migrants deported from the United States have arrived...

More Federations withdraw support for Infantino

Football confederations from Europe, Asia, North, and Central America,...

PL 2026/27: Opta predicts new season winner

The Opta Supercomputer has delivered its predictions for the...

Ronaldinho to come out of retirement

Brazilian icon Ronaldinho is set to come out of...

TRANSFER NEWS: Partey to seal Saudi Arabia move

Ghana Black Stars' deputy captain Thomas Partey is expected...

Stonebwoy reigns over sound with historic BHIMFEST 2026 in London

Ghana's music gained international admiration as the finest Afro-dancehall...

Ayitey Powers begs after threatening to “gun down” NSA boss

Former professional boxer and promoter Michael Ayittey Okine, popularly...
Max TV