25.2 C
Accra
Wednesday, May 20, 2026
HomeSportsBoxingBOXING: Usyk only interested in fighting Joshua, Fury

BOXING: Usyk only interested in fighting Joshua, Fury

Date:

World heavyweight champion, Oleksandr Usyk, has made it clear that he is only interested in facing British-Nigerian Anthony Joshua and Tyson Fury, which will set the stage for potentially career-defining face-offs in the heavyweight division.

Speaking to Seconds Out, the Ukrainian boxer expressed his preference for rematches with the duo, emphasising that it’s time for younger fighters to step up.

“Well, this is a rematch with Fury and possibly a third match with Joshua. Only with these two guys is it still interesting. From now on, let the youth get fit and work,” Usyk said.

The 37-year-old champion, who boasts an impressive record of 22-0 with 14 knockouts, is scheduled to face Fury on December 21.

However, he hasn’t ruled out a third fight with Joshua, contingent on the latter’s performance against Daniel Dubois on September 21 at Wembley Stadium.

Joshua’s upcoming bout with Dubois has already made headlines, with tickets selling out rapidly for the expanded 96,000-capacity venue.

Joshua’s drawing power was evident as Wembley Stadium increased its capacity from the original 90,000 seats to accommodate the overwhelming demand.

- Sponsored -spot_imgspot_img

Disclaimer: The views, opinions, comments, and statements expressed by readers and contributors on this platform are solely their own and do not necessarily reflect those of Imax Media Group or its affiliates.

Send your news stories to editor@max.com.gh and via WhatsApp on +233 506-367-196
Join our WhatsApp channel for the latest news and updates.

- Sponsored -scratch for win

Stay Connected

562,687FansLike
2,463FollowersFollow
583,200FollowersFollow
51,019FollowersFollow
95,943SubscribersSubscribe

Latest stories

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Related Stories

Southampton Expected to Appeal Championship Final Expulsion

English club Southampton is expected to appeal being expelled...

Road to AFCON 2027: Ghana Drawn In Group C

Ghana's road to the 2027 Africa Cup of Nations...

Enzo Maresca Expected to Replace Guardiola As City Boss

Enzo Maresca is set to replace Pep Guardiola as...

Ebola Outbreak: What W.H.O, MoH Have Said So Far

The director general of the World Health Organization, Dr...

Kassim Mingle Vows to Never Take Over A Relegation Team Again

The experienced Kassim Mingle Ocansey, head coach of Swedru...

‎Celebrities are disrespecting fashion designers— Abrantie the Gentleman

Abrantie the Gentleman, a fashion designer in the country,...

MAX NEWS STAND: Headlines – Tuesday, May 19, 2026

Today on the Max News Stand, we bring you...

Time to sacrifice, time to deliver— Queiroz Charges Black Stars

Ghana Black Stars head coach Carlos Queiroz rallies for...

Ancelloti Recalls Neymar, Leaves Joao Pedro Out of WC Squad

Carlo Ancelotti's unveiling of Brazil's 2026 World Cup squad...