31.2 C
Accra
Tuesday, May 19, 2026
HomeInternationalSenegalese Man Awarded French Citizenship

Senegalese Man Awarded French Citizenship

Date:

Story by Samuella Mantebea Okanta

A Senegalese man has been granted French citizenship after putting his life on the line to rescue six people, including two babies, from an apartment building on fire in Paris.

On the 4th of July, 2025, the Senegalese man named Fousseynou Cisse was working as a school receptionist when he climbed onto a narrow ledge 20 metres to pull two mothers, two children, and two infants through a window as the fire in the building intensified on the 18th floor.

France took notice of the video, which was circulating on social media. On 24th March 2026, Cisse was officially recognised as a citizen at a ceremony held inside the Pantheon. “Being French is a pride. It’s a great day for me,” he said upon receiving the official order.

- Sponsored -spot_imgspot_img

Disclaimer: The views, opinions, comments, and statements expressed by readers and contributors on this platform are solely their own and do not necessarily reflect those of Imax Media Group or its affiliates.

Send your news stories to editor@max.com.gh and via WhatsApp on +233 506-367-196
Join our WhatsApp channel for the latest news and updates.

- Sponsored -scratch for win

Stay Connected

562,687FansLike
2,463FollowersFollow
583,200FollowersFollow
51,019FollowersFollow
95,943SubscribersSubscribe

Latest stories

Related Stories

Enzo Maresca Expected to Replace Guardiola As City Boss

Enzo Maresca is set to replace Pep Guardiola as...

Ebola Outbreak: What W.H.O, MoH Have Said So Far

The director general of the World Health Organization, Dr...

Kassim Mingle Vows to Never Take Over A Relegation Team Again

The experienced Kassim Mingle Ocansey, head coach of Swedru...

‎Celebrities are disrespecting fashion designers— Abrantie the Gentleman

Abrantie the Gentleman, a fashion designer in the country,...

MAX NEWS STAND: Headlines – Tuesday, May 19, 2026

Today on the Max News Stand, we bring you...

Time to sacrifice, time to deliver— Queiroz Charges Black Stars

Ghana Black Stars head coach Carlos Queiroz rallies for...

Ancelloti Recalls Neymar, Leaves Joao Pedro Out of WC Squad

Carlo Ancelotti's unveiling of Brazil's 2026 World Cup squad...

‎Abrantie the Gentleman condemns Dr. Likee’s TGMA attire

Fashion designer Abrantie the Gentleman has condemned the attire...

Odartey Lamptey Optimistic About Black Starlets AFCON Chances

You can never say never in football, opined Ghanaian...