28.2 C
Accra
Tuesday, May 19, 2026
HomeLifestyleHealthEbola Outbreak: What W.H.O, MoH Have Said So Far

Ebola Outbreak: What W.H.O, MoH Have Said So Far

Date:

The director general of the World Health Organization, Dr Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus, has expressed deep concern about the scale and the speed of the Ebola outbreak in the Democratic Republic of the Congo.

He said there had been at least 500 suspected cases of Ebola and 130 suspected deaths in DRC since the new outbreak began.

Thirty cases had been confirmed in DRC’s north-eastern province of Ituri, and one death and one case had been confirmed in Kampala, Uganda, he added.

Ghana’s Minister for Health, Hon. Kwabena Mintah Akandoh, while defining the nature of the threat, assured the public of the country’s readiness.

The health ministry further advised the public to adopt routine preventative habits, such as washing hands regularly with soap under running water, utilizing alcohol-based hand sanitizers, and avoiding direct contact with the bodily fluids of anyone exhibiting illness.

Anyone showing symptoms such as fever, severe headache, vomiting, diarrhea, or unexplained bleeding should to the nearest health facility.

- Sponsored -spot_imgspot_img

Disclaimer: The views, opinions, comments, and statements expressed by readers and contributors on this platform are solely their own and do not necessarily reflect those of Imax Media Group or its affiliates.

Send your news stories to editor@max.com.gh and via WhatsApp on +233 506-367-196
Join our WhatsApp channel for the latest news and updates.

- Sponsored -scratch for win

Stay Connected

562,687FansLike
2,463FollowersFollow
583,200FollowersFollow
51,019FollowersFollow
95,943SubscribersSubscribe

Latest stories

Related Stories

Enzo Maresca Expected to Replace Guardiola As City Boss

Enzo Maresca is set to replace Pep Guardiola as...

Kassim Mingle Vows to Never Take Over A Relegation Team Again

The experienced Kassim Mingle Ocansey, head coach of Swedru...

‎Celebrities are disrespecting fashion designers— Abrantie the Gentleman

Abrantie the Gentleman, a fashion designer in the country,...

MAX NEWS STAND: Headlines – Tuesday, May 19, 2026

Today on the Max News Stand, we bring you...

Time to sacrifice, time to deliver— Queiroz Charges Black Stars

Ghana Black Stars head coach Carlos Queiroz rallies for...

Ancelloti Recalls Neymar, Leaves Joao Pedro Out of WC Squad

Carlo Ancelotti's unveiling of Brazil's 2026 World Cup squad...

‎Abrantie the Gentleman condemns Dr. Likee’s TGMA attire

Fashion designer Abrantie the Gentleman has condemned the attire...

Odartey Lamptey Optimistic About Black Starlets AFCON Chances

You can never say never in football, opined Ghanaian...

Coventry Targets Fatawu To Provide Penetration

English club Leicester City could be forced to part...